Call for Urban Power & Clean Water Solutions in Sub-Saharan Africa
ENGIE Africa would like to hear from innovators and startups who are developing new technologies and service based solutions to improve reliable access to energy and clean water in urban Sub-Saharan Africa.
In Sub-Saharan Africa, over 600 million people do not have access to electricity and 2/5 of the African population on average does not have access to a reliable supply of electricity even when connected to the grid. Concerning the access to clean water, it is estimated that 17% of the urban sub-Saharan population does not have access to a sanitary source of water.
ENGIE Africa is looking for solutions for access to electricity and clean water that align with any of the following goals:
- Providing affordable, fast-deployed and efficient access to energy/water as a service for families in urban areas in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Taking advantage of digital solutions through mobile economy, efficient payment platforms and powerful data platforms
- High growth potential offering the opportunity to replicate the model elsewhere
Earnings and Benefits for the selected projects:
- Funding of a testing phase : the winner will be able to test the efficiency and viability of his solution in the relevant environment, within the Engie Africa business framework over a period of 12 months
- Based on the results of the testing phase, the integration within the Engie Africa business portfolio and further co-development of the project.
Deadline for submission of applications: June 6th, 2019